Sweetwater Electric System was established August 01, 1939. By June 1940 we had 10 full time employees, and 935 electric customers. In 1969 we acquired the water, wastewater, and gas departments from the City of Sweetwater; we also acquired a new name, Board of Public Utilities. Our current name, Sweetwater Utilities Board, was adopted in 1978 and today we employ 53 full time employees and 1 part time employee. Our system continues to grow and as we enter the new millennium we serve 8823 electric customers, 4500 water customers, 2219 wastewater customers, and 1638 gas customers. Our Board Members, General Manager, and Employees strive to meet and supply the demands of a rapidly growing area.